The Pearse Lyons whiskey is a true Dubliner, because it is produced in the middle of "The Liberties" quarter. This is almost at the place where the art of distilling in Dublin once flourished. The Pearse Lysons Whiskey 7 Years is a mixture of different grain and malt whiskeys. All these whiskeys are mostly pre-aged in Bourbon casks. This gives this Irish Whiskey a very special note.
- Taste: The palate is caressed by a delicate oak aroma with a hint of green grapes.
- Aroma: The nose is dominated by the scent of fresh lemons interwoven with selected dried fruits and a slight spicy note.
- Finish: Long lasting. Hints of spicy cocoa, dried fruit and vanilla.
The Pearse distillery in the Dublin district The Liberties
The Pearse Lyons distillery is located in the Dublin district of The Liberties. In the heyday of Irish Whiskey there were almost 40 distilleries here. But with the prohibition in the USA and the import restrictions by England, the Irish distilleries died out little by little and shifted their production to other places. Since a few years, however, a revival of the Irish whiskey distilleries can be observed. And also the Pearse distillery is regaining an old legacy. The distillery offers numerous events, from tours of the distillery to various tastings.
- Contains 43% alcohol
- Country of origin: Ireland
- Producer: Pearse Lyons Distillery, 121-122 James's Street, Dublin 8, Ireland