The Single Malt Whiskey Pearse Lyons Whiskey 12 years has a light citrus note that pampers the palate. But this whiskey is also otherwise an explosion of aroma and taste:
- Aroma: The nose caresses the scent of fruit with a late summery heaviness. Refined is the scent of peach, apple and pear with fine herbs and the scent of pine trees.
- Palate: The palate is enveloped by hints of orange and citrus with a hint of honey.
- Finish: Medium to long. The whiskey connoisseur will enjoy a velvety and smooth finish with notes of ginger and cloves.
The Pearse Lyons distillery - in the middle of Dublin
The Pearse Lyons distillery is quite new on the scene of Irish whiskey distilleries, but it picks up an old tradition and this still at a historical place, because The Liberties was considered to be the "golden triangle" at the heyday of Irish whiskey. Many distilleries had their headquarters here and the area was also notorious for other pleasures.
The Pearse Lyons distillery opened its doors in 2011 and has misused the building of an old church. The former house of prayer is now a distillery for distilling wonderful whiskey. And not only that. The distillery also offers exciting tours into the history of Irish whiskey, offers whiskey tastings and is otherwise quite busy. Have a look at the distillery on your next Dublin city trip.
- Contains 43% alcohol
- Country of origin: Ireland
- Producer: Pearse Lyons Distillery, 121-122 James's Street, Dublin 8, Ireland