This whiskey from Clonakilty has a beautiful red tinge due to the storage in port wine casks. The aroma of Clonakilty Port Cask is fruity and light.
- Taste: The palate enjoys a fruity note of raisins, cherries, crowned by some chili and cardamom.
- Nose: The nose of Clonakilty Port Cask has an aroma of ripe peaches, apples, a hint of vanilla on a woody background.
- Finish: The taste experience ends with a soft spice and a hint of chocolate.
Clonakilty Whiskey - from the Mediterranean south of Ireland
The whiskey from Clonakilty belongs to the newcomers in the Irish whiskey scene. Nevertheless, it has already convinced critics. It was not until 2018 that the distillery was founded in the small, tranquil Clonakilty on Ireland's south coast - just an hour's drive southwest of Cork City. Here the whiskey matures in the warehouse, which is located directly at the sea port, and the three large copper kettles are unmistakable in the town. Attached to the distillery is also a restaurant and a visitor center. A nice side trip, if you are travelling in the south of Ireland.
- Contains 40% alcohol
- Country of origin: Ireland
- Producer: Clonakilty Distillery, Dunowen Farm, Ardfield, Clonacilty, Co. Cork Ireland